Ron Burgandy: Stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgandy?
Ed Harkin: Dammit. Who typed a question on the teleprompter? -Ron Burgandy
It's hard not to quote Ron Burgandy when you take a trip to San Diego. ("Mmm. San Diego. Drink it in, it always goes down smooth"). I was lucky enough to take a quick weekend getaway and it was the perfect mix of beach walks, great food and taking in the sights. It's a San Diegooooo insta-PR.
1. A melancholy sky during an early morning walk along Coronado beach
2. A fabulous late brunch at Snooze (Sunday brunch here like most popular brunch spots means a very long wait. To make the wait bearable, be sure to check out nearby shop Babette Schwartz)
3. A sleepy polar bear that reminds me of my current jet lag from a more recent trip and 4. a distinguished sea otter at Sea World San Diego
5. "Motivational" stationary to make my desk pretty like the 7 year pen and Stuff To Do (If I Feel Like It) pocket notebook from Seaside Papery
6. A romantic snowman at the beach behind the historic (and if you believe in it... the haunted) Hotel Del Coronado.
Not pictured, but this insta-PR would not be complete without mentioning the Marine Room in La Jolla. Enjoying a meal during high tide is a must.
image source: @pinkrickshaw